What you need to know to make water heating
He who thinks that the installation of heating systems can only be done by specialists is deeply mistaken. Thanks to the information, a careful study of technical issues can be done independently heating in the house or at the cottage. What do you need to know for this? Read and memorize.
So, before you install the installation of heating systems, including water, it is necessary to examine all the technical nuances, calculate the economic benefits, then prepare the necessary equipment.
What are the types of heating
Studies show that in the presence of three types of heating - radiators, heated floor, baseboard heating, most people prefer radiator heating.
There are several reasons for this:
- financial, since radiator heating is cheaper;
- I do not want to dismantle the flooring or raise the floor level a few centimeters when installing underfloor heating, in addition, there are problems with the door frames;
- there is no technical possibility to make a plinth connection.
Before you do the installation of heating systems and install heating devices, you need to know how the system works.
Principles of water heating
1. Natural circulation of water in the system
The water, heated in the boiler, moves to the expansion tank, located at the highest point, and from there under natural pressure is pushed into pipes, radiators; cooling, returns through the return pipe to the boiler. And here at installation it is necessary to make slopes, the so-called. drains for water to make it easier to circulate with warm batteries and hot ones. One bias - from the boiler to the batteries, the second - on the return to the boiler. From the advantages of such a system - the simpler, the more reliable.
But restrictions with such installation of heating systems will be enough:
- you need to use only steel pipes of large diameter;
- it is impossible to regulate the temperature of the room with the help of cranes on radiators, which means that fuel economy is excluded due to this;
- it is difficult to do the wiring and installation of batteries;
- there is no possibility to make a water-heated floor.
2. Forced circulation
Hot water, heated by a pump that creates pressure, forcibly moves through pipes and batteries, returning cooled to the boiler. To control the temperature, valves are mounted on each battery.
On the one hand, this circulation allows you to adjust the temperature in any room, save fuel.
On the other hand, you stay with cold batteries and without heating, if there are interruptions in electricity, as the pump is electric.
Third, the pumps are prone to breakage, and replacement is not a cheap pleasure. Imagine when this happens in the winter in the cold. There is something to think about.
If you choose for safety, the natural circulation is more practical, and large diameter metal pipes will give additional heat, but in each case it is necessary to decide individually.
The choice of the boiler is a very crucial moment, since it will be the main multi-year heat supplier and budget eater in the winter period.
Types of boilers
1. Type of automatic boiler:
- on liquid fuel;
- solid fuel.
2Type of boiler without automation:
- solid fuel.
3. Single circuit
- heats water for heating.
- heats water for heating;
- prepares hot water for domestic needs.
Which boilers are more profitable
If before the gas boiler was the most economical, then due to the constant increase in the price of gas you can not call it profitable. The same can be said about electric, and ifcounterscrewedmore than the limit, then the heat will be very expensive.
The liquid fuel boiler may be profitable, but where to store the fuel? After all, it will take more than one liter. Experts do not recommend to install a combined heating device due to low efficiency.
It remains a solid fuel unit - made a supply of coal, firewood and heat yourself all winter. The most economical is a long-burning boiler, where one portion of coal or firewood lasts for 5 days, and the efficiency is 91%. True, we need a barn or a place in the yard for storing fuel, but not so much. And you can burn everything that burns.
Installation of heating systems with such boilers will consist of installing a heating unit and distributing metal pipes with batteries.
What you need to know when installing a solid fuel boiler
one.The boiler must be installed in a room not lower than 2.6 meters, where there is a chimney, ventilation, water, electricity.
2. It is necessary to make a concrete platform under the heating unit itself.
3. If there are gaps between the boiler and the platform, they are filled with sealant.
4. The chimney must be insulated with asbestos strips.
5. At the bottom of the chimney it is necessary to make a collector for condensate, and over the entire height of the door for cleaning soot.
6. The expansion tank should be installed at the top of the boiler or in the attic, so that you can top up and control the amount of water.
Stages of installation of a solid fuel unit
- First mount the metal pipe wiring, connect the batteries to them (see the diagram), observe the slopes from the boiler to the batteries and from the batteries to the boiler return.
Any installation of heating systems involves working with radiators. Read more about this in the article "How to replace batteries."
2. Install the boiler on the concrete platform, fill the gaps with sealant.
3. Attach the unit tightly to the chimney, make sure that there is no blowing out of the flame and the smoke does not enter the boiler room.
4. Connect the surge tank along the shortest path.
five.Connect the output and return of the boiler to the already prepared wiring from the pipes.
Heat the boiler by checking the operation of the entire heating system. First put some firewood in the firebox. Making sure the system works well, heat it to full capacity. Watch for appliances on the boiler, especially temperature and pressure. If the tests showed the correct operation of the boiler and the entire heating complex, you can begin to operate.
As you can see, the installation of the heating system is not as bad as it is told about.