What causes painful urination in women and how to treat them
Factors Predisposing to Urogenital Diseases in Women
- Short or narrow urethra (urethra), contributing to the rapid penetration of microorganisms into the bladder, and later to the kidneys and ureters.
- The uninsulated mouth of the urinary canal, and its too close to the vagina with its special microflora, easily falling into the urethra.
- The lack of women of some specific organ (male prostate), which would allocate a special disinfectant to cleanse the urethra.
- In most cases, women have a long time to restrain the desire to visit the toilet because of the lack of such, which can not create favorable conditions under which there is a burning sensation and, as a result, pain.
In this case, as in many others, where prolonged abstinence from urination dominates, time is the worst enemy.
Provocateurs of the genitourinary system
Never burning during urination in women will not be groundless. Therefore, pain is, if not a signaling device of any disease, then a pointer to a malfunction in the system called the organism.So, consider the possible causes that can cause a burning sensation in women when urinating:
- the presence in the body of foci of chronic infection;
- mechanical damage during sexual intercourse, which contributed to the penetration into the urethra of microorganisms;
- conditions requiring the introduction of a urinary catheter.
Causes provoking a burning sensation in women during urination
There are certain causes that provoke burning and pain in women when urinating. Modern medicine distinguishes two groups of provocateurs. It is worth noting that quite often after these two unpleasant moments itching is felt.
- Mechanical irritations with small stones that descend through the urinary system.
- Bladder injury.
- Violation of urine acidity, triggered by drugs, or specific products.
- Failure of the neuromotor system of the healthy urogenital system.
- External or internal compression of the urethra with adhesions, scars, swelling.
- Cystitis or inflammatory processeson the bladder mucosa. In this case, the urge to urinate is felt every 30 minutes, in small portions with a feeling of an unfinished act. Regardless of the portion, the pain and burning sensation in women after urination is always felt.
- Urethritisor inflammatory processes occurring on the mucous membranesthe urethra always accompanies itching, burning and pain after urinating. It should be noted that the attacks of burning wave-like in intensity, and the color of urine becomes reddish, dull with the visual definition of flakes and mucus. You can notice the blood.
- Genital tract infections, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, etc., will also be accompanied by painful symptoms after urination. In this case, women may have itching of the external genital organs and a different consistency of vaginal discharge.
Pregnancy and pain when urinating
To experience pain and burning during urination, many women can also during pregnancy. What are the reasons for this phenomenon? As a rule, it all comes down to the compression of the bladder by the fetus, the release of kidney stones or the movement of sand, and also cystitis. If the painful symptoms are felt at the end of the process of urination, then in 90% you have cystitis. As a rule, it manifests itself due to:
- stagnation of urine due to incomplete excretion;
- ignoring the rules of personal hygiene;
- infections of the genital tract.
It must be understood that the burning sensation that occurs after urination, at its very end, in the middle or at first, cannot be a clear sign of cystitis.Indeed, during pregnancy, pain can also manifest itself in kidney stones. In any case, the treatment is different. In the narrow space of the urinary tract, the movement of particles of sand or stones, both at the beginning and at the end of urination, causes terrible pain. Blood may be present in the urine from their movement.
In case of cystitis or urolithiasis, timely and qualified treatment is necessary, and in this case it does not make sense to waste time. At the end of the treatment course, you will feel the desired relief. Therefore, an important point is the timely appeal for help and treatment, regardless of when exactly you feel pain symptoms: in the beginning, middle or end of urination.
During pregnancy, if there are stones, three factors are taken into account:
- the severity of the disease;
- gestational age;
- nature of pain.
How to help yourself
Pain can be alleviated, but in the absence of:
- rapid pulse;
- drowsiness or lethargy;
- vomiting and nausea;
- increased body temperature;
- changes in urine color.
If it contains blood self-treatment is prohibited.
Self-treatment will consist of:
- taking painkillers: "No-shpy», «Riabala», «Spasmalgona»;
- exclusion from the diet of sharp, smoked, salty foods and alcohol;
- complete urinalysis;
- use during the day of abundant amounts of liquid, namely: unsweetened tea, stewed fruit, non-carbonated mineral water, cranberry fruit juice, decoction of cherry twigs or bearberry herbs.