We accelerate through the intermediary computer. How to use a proxy
Using the Internet, the speed of which is low, and performing everyday tasks in it, I want to speed up their implementation. Well, when the speed of data exchange allows it.
But what if your provider has installedsome restrictions on traffic transmission or do you have a dial-up connection? And I want more: accelerate with the help of a proxy server. How to use the proxy, setup and installation will be described in detail later. Now I want to draw your attention to what an intermediate server is.
Intermediary services. What is and how to install a proxy
This is a separate computer or local program,which acts as an intermediary between your computer and the "outside" world of the Internet. Data from a local network or a separate device is transmitted to the proxy. Further all receipts (reception and transmission) are carried out through an intermediate server, and the result is fed to the end user device.
What does the installation of the intermediate link
So, the question is how to use a proxythe server is up-to-date, because at the expense of an intermediary computer it is possible to speed up the receipt of data on the network, become anonymous, filter unsafe information, and perform many similar tasks.
How to install and configure the server:
- Download the application for proxy services. For example, a popular solution in this area is squid. It can be downloaded at www.squid-cache.org
- The copied archive should be unzipped incatalog with the same name on the system partition with. If you choose a different path from the specified one, you'll have to do some edits of some pre-installed scripts.
- In the installation options, select the installationapplication as a windows service. To create a cache - a special storage for accelerating data loading - run the install_step1.bat and step2.bat scripts in sequence through the command terminal.
- How to use a proxy next? Now you have a service called squid25. To verify that it is running, open the system services window through the MMC console.
- Browser - the program you are usingto download resources to the Internet. Each modern guidebook has a set of settings. As a rule, on the "network" or "network services" tab, you can configure the proxy settings with the specified parameters: 127.0.0.1 - ip address, 3128 - data receiving port.
- If there is no such tab in your browser, carefully review the neighboring settings, perhaps this option is configured in another category of services.
- How to use a proxy server from a similarprovider? In the same way. Change the address and port settings to those that will be the parameters of another mediator, and save them in the guide. In addition, as mentioned earlier, a proxy can be a separate network unit with its own access characteristics.
Tips and Tricks
To increase speed or privacy innetworks were at a higher level, use paid or elite proxy servers. The quality of the services of the intermediary can be judged by the reputation of the resource and its credibility, which offers such a service.
To make the proxy application run faster, perform a periodic defragmentation of the directory where the proxy is installed.
How to disable a proxy
If there is a need, you can disable thistype of communication services. To do this, in browsers, where server settings are preset, there is usually a "direct connection" or "disable proxy" option. It depends on the specific guide. By selecting the appropriate item, you disconnect the communication through the proxy-program or a separate proxy computer.
If this application, to save space, you can uninstall it. To do this, use the windows "install and uninstall applications" component available through the control panel.