Unusual salads that can diversify the spring menu
In the spring, most often you want refreshment and lightness in everything, even in food, so fresh spring dishes come to replace high-calorie winter food. Would you like to cook an unusual spring salad, which would be not only easy, but also very tasty? See our recipes!
Beet Citrus Salad
Already from the name of this spring salad seems too exotic - but do not rush to draw conclusions without trying! Not all spring dishes are as healthy and refreshing as this, so cook ingredients as soon as possible:
- 1/2 beet;
- 1 orange or grapefruit;
- a handful of pomegranate seeds;
- 30 ml of balsamic vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil;
- a handful of walnuts;
- greens to choose from;
- salt to taste
Preparing this spring vegetable salad, like any other, is easier than ever:
- Boil half a beet, cool it and cut into cubes.
- Peel the citrus from the peel, white skin and films so that only the juicy flesh remains.Cut it into three pieces.
- Pour vinegar into a container of beet cubes and let stand for a while.
- In a different container, mix citruses with herbs, oil, and salt.
- Combine the mixture with beets, sprinkle everything on top with nuts and pomegranate seeds.
You can serve to the table a refreshing spring salad!
Salad of greens and apples
Spring dishes - a storehouse of vitamins, however, not only vegetables are useful, but also fruits and greens. Here is what you need to find to make the following healthy spring salad:
- 2 any apples;
- a handful of young spinach;
- 2 celery stalks;
- 30 grams of walnuts;
- 1 tbsp. french mustard;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- 50 g sour cream;
- salt and pepper to taste.
But what to do with it:
- Cut the apples into cubes, removing the core from them.
- Cut the celery into thin slices, leave the spinach leaves whole.
- Chop walnuts, best with a coffee grinder.
- Mix apples, greens and nuts with mustard.
- Dress the spring salad with sour cream and butter, salt and pepper.
Done!Related article: 5 dishes with which spring avitaminosis is not terrible
Delicious Mozzarella Salad
A light and healthy vegetable salad will turn out even if you add cheese to it - for example,mozzarella! For four servings of salad, you will need:
- 4 things. radish;
- 300 g of mozzarella;
- 400 g of corn salad;
- 2 pcs. shallots;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Wash vegetables, peel and chop. To give the salad a common “round” shape, cut the radish into circles, and the onion into rings.
- Slice the mozzarella cups.
- Put mozzarella, radish and root salad on a platter. Add chopped onion.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, add salt and pepper.
Spring salad with mozzarella ready!
Spring chicken salad
Spring dishes are so good that you can safely experiment on them. Therefore, study the following recipe, but do not try to strictly adhere to it, changing vegetables at will.
- 300 g chicken fillet;
- 3 pcs. cherry tomatoes;
- 1 PC. avocado;
- a piece of butter;
- lettuce leaves;
- salt and sauce to taste.
How to cook:
- Peel the fillets and cut into slices.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the fillets on it until it turns golden. Then add boiled water so that it covers the meat, and simmer on low heat until boiling liquid. Option number 2: do not simmer, and cook the fillet on the grill.
- While preparing the fillet, take vitamins: cut the tomatoes in half, slice the avocado into slices, tear the salad into pieces with your hands.
- After cooking the chicken, mix the fillet pieces with greens, avocado and tomatoes, add the sauce that you like, and salt it if the sauce is not salty enough.
Voila! It will be especially tasty if you make garlic croutons with a salad.
Japanese cucumber salad
This unusual spring salad is called Sunomono and originates in Japan. Its highlight is an unusual dressing, although for its preparation you need only one vegetable. Ingredients take the following:
- 3 medium cucumbers or 2 bigger ones;
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- 1 tsp soy sauce;
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar;
- 1 tsp sesame oil;
- 1 tsp coarse salt.
This spring salad is made very simply:
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices, or into thin strips using a vegetable cutter. Salt them and let stand for ten minutes.
- Make a dressing by mixing vinegar, oil, soy sauce, honey. Make sure that the mixture is homogeneous, the honey should be completely dissolved.
- Fry the sesame lightly in the pan - do not overdo it, so that it does not start “shooting” and does not turn black.
- Drain the cucumber juice and transfer them to a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing with cucumbers and sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds.
Delicious cucumber salad is ready! Do not be afraid to change the ingredients: for example, use vegetable oil instead of sesame, and add black or red pepper for spice. You will not get the original taste, but you will still try an unusual spring vegetable salad.
Cook with pleasure and enjoy your meal!See also: 3 recipes of Caesar salad - from classics to improvisation