Threat of abortion: causes, symptoms, treatment
Pregnancy is a complex process that adjustswork of the entire female body for the bearing of the child. But, unfortunately, most women at the early stage of embryo development reveal the most dangerous pathology - the threat of termination of pregnancy. With this diagnosis, there were quite a lot of women in an "interesting" situation. The most important thing is to immediately seek medical help. Only time provided professional help will help to keep your pregnancy.
What does the threat of termination of pregnancy imply?
The threat of interruption can occur at any timepregnancy. For example, an interruption until the 22nd week is called spontaneous abortion, with 23 to 37 - premature birth. I would like to note that according to the research, the number of interruptions goes to 20% of all pregnancies. And 15% - spontaneous abortions for up to 12 weeks.
Let's look at the main reasons.
The threat of termination of pregnancy occurs if there are:
- Genetic (chromosomal) abnormalities are the mosta common cause causing spontaneous abortion, mainly at a term of up to 12 weeks. According to scientific research, in 60% of cases of miscarriages occur against a background of genetic anomalies.
- The pathological condition of a pregnant woman is marked toxicosis, hydramnios and impaired placental circulation.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs). This chlamydia, trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, etc.
- The decrease in immunity affects the worsening of chronic diseases, colds, flu or pneumonia suffered in the first trimester, diseases of the endocrine system.
- Emotional condition. The course of pregnancy is negatively affected by persistent nervous stresses and experiences.
- Harmful habits, unfavorable living conditions and abortions, preceding pregnancy.
What does a woman feel?
Let's look at the main symptoms of a threatening interruption.
- Painful sensations. Usually there are drawing stomach pains. However, in the first trimester it indicates changes in the uterus and has nothing to do with miscarriage. The most frequent miscarriage is accompanied by the tone of the uterus.
- Bloody discharge indicates detachmentfrom the walls of the uterus of the placenta or chorion (fetal egg). At small sizes of detachment the future child can get less oxygen and nutrients. In some cases, the onset of premature birth is accompanied by the outflow of amniotic fluid.
What is the treatment?
The threat of abortion is enoughdangerous pathology. Treatment usually consists of adherence to bed rest and prescribing drugs that remove contractile function of the uterus, vitamins, agents that improve blood circulation and correct blood coagulability.
Interruption according to indications
Interruption of pregnancy due to medical conditionsis carried out only in one case - if her condition threatens the health or life of a woman or is capable of worsening her condition. Indication for interruption after examination in a hospital is established by a gynecologist with the head of the department and other doctors of the appropriate profile.
In addition, up to 22 weeks of interruption by social indications. According to the government resolution, the following social indications are considered for abortion:
- Deprivation of parental rights
- Conception as a result of rape
- Death of her husband
- Disability of a woman of the I or II group
- Finding a woman in prison
The issue of interruption is decided by the commission of doctors.
It is worth noting that abortion is an extreme measure. It entails various negative consequences, affecting both women's health and emotional state. Take care of your health and enjoy the most amazing at times - your pregnancy.