The healing power of oregano: the benefits and harm
Origin and Application
Other well-known names of oregano - forest mint, bruise, midge, oregano, zvirak, ladanka, motherboard (see photo). Oregano ordinary grows on sunny hills throughout Russia. This unpretentious field plant exudes a fresh pleasant aroma. Smell and small lilac flowers, and green mass.
The plant is recognized by official medicine as antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent.
The composition of the active substances of therapeutic herbs include:
- crystalline thymol;
- vitamin C;
- geranyl acetate and others.
The aroma of oregano has antibacterial properties, so the essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy, for incense, as a cosmetic.
In folk and official medicine, oregano is used in the following forms:
- herbal teas;
- alcohol infusions;
- essential oil;
- dry crushed leaves and flowers;
Healing qualities of oregano
The beneficial properties of field grass are extensive and are successfully applied to the treatment of ailments. Oregano is good for human health with the following qualities:
- pain medication;
Useful properties of oregano help to cope with ailments:
- Nervous system. Eases epileptic seizures, convulsions. Soothes for neurosis, depression, anxiety.
- Gastrointestinal tract. Soothes pain in the stomach, eliminates bloating, improves appetite. Stimulates the production of gastric juice and bile. In general, normalizes digestive function.
- Reproductive system. It is successfully used in women with menopause, facilitates its manifestations, normalizes hormonal background. In women of reproductive age, it normalizes the menstrual cycle, reduces bleeding, stimulates uterine muscles.
- Respiratory system. Improves sputum discharge, facilitates breathing. Well helps with colds nasopharynx, bronchi, lungs.
- Skin and mucous membranes. Relieves irritation, treats inflammation, boils, pustules, acne, improves metabolism in the skin. Stimulates the normal work of cells, improves the appearance of the skin.
Baths, lotions, wraps will be useful for children, that is, the use of decoctions outwardly.
Who should not use oregano
Useful properties of oregano for some categories of people can become harmful. Potent components of oregano, namely volatile esters can also cause discomfort and cause a relapse of the disease.
Contraindications for the use of oregano:
- In pregnancy at any time. The beneficial properties of oregano to stimulate the muscles of the uterus can turn into a premature spontaneous abortion for women carrying a baby. It is impossible to use oregano in pregnancy even once. The grass tones the muscles of the uterus, so the risk of miscarriage increases.
- In hypertension with high blood pressure values.
- In heart failure and serious diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: ulcers, gastritis, increased acidity.
- With renal, hepatic, intestinal colic.
- When individual intolerance components of oregano and allergies.
- For men, the grass will not help, and with regular use can cause an increase in female hormones in the blood, which will entail predictable changes in appearance, problems with libido and potency.For men, the herb can be used as a medicine against colds and flu, but not more than 1 time per year.
Contraindications for the use of herbs are quite impressive, so do not neglect the medical advice when choosing a treatment. Contraindications also concern essential oil, aroma lamps, candles and other forms of medicinal herbs.
The healing qualities of oregano are presented to man by nature to protect against invisible enemies: viruses and harmful bacteria. The use of oregano facilitates recovery, helps to improve well-being and bring emotions in order. Contraindications to the use of herbs should be considered to avoid unpleasant surprises.