Schoolgirl found chopped fingers in a bottle of soda
A teenage girl who bought a bottle of cola in the nearest supermarket almost lost consciousness when she reached the source of life-giving moisture and felt something touch her lips.
Robyn Hills nearly swallowed the pieces of rubber glove that floated in a bottle of sparkling water, which she bought at a local supermarket. A 13-year-old schoolgirl managed to spit out a drink, feeling something strange in her mouth.
With caution peering into a two-liter bottle, she first thought that a human finger was floating inside. From fear, Robin even screamed, but on closer examination she realized that it was part of a surgical glove that somehow ended up in a bottle with a carbonated drink.
“I was terrified when my daughter told me about what happened. Gloves should help to comply with the established sanitary standards, and not scare customers,” said the girl’s mother, who advised to buy this water.
"When I first looked at the bottle, I thought it was a human finger, but even after I realized that it was part of the glove, I was not much better," - says Robin.
However, the girl's mother has already found a good side in what happened. She says she always asked her daughter not to drink from a bottle, but she did not listen to her. Now the woman is absolutely sure that her daughter will continue to use glasses.
The schoolgirl, however, fears that she has nevertheless swallowed a piece of rubber, because the next day after the incident, she felt pain in her stomach.
As the British tabloid Mail Online reports in a fresh issue, soda was purchased by a girl in one of Northamptonshire supermarkets in the UK. According to representatives of the local health service, experts have already begun to investigate this incident.
The press service of the manufacturer stated that it intends to conduct its own investigation, and assured customers that the products manufactured by the company undergo strict quality control.