Satin bedding - a guarantee of good sleep
The quality of human sleep depends not only on the characteristics of the bed, but in many respects also on the quality of bed linen. It can be made from a variety of materials - natural or artificial, but since today humanity strives for naturalness in everything, modern manufacturers prefer to produce PBC (bedding sets) exclusively from silk, calico, flax, poplin, as well as satin, to buy bedding from satin can be on the site http://barboleta.ru/postelnoe-bele-satin. Here's the latest version, going to the manufacture of bedding sets, we will talk in the article in more detail.
So, what is satin and what are the nuances of its manufacture?
In fact, it is a 100% natural cotton fabric with a special satin weave. What is its feature? In order to obtain a satin canvas, a high-quality cotton thread of two types is required: a denser, smoother fabric goes to the base of the fabric, and a thinner woven one - to its “face”.The front twisted thread is woven into every fourth purl. Such complex weaving gives the fabric a chic appearance. Its seamy side is dense and rough, and the front side, in contrast to it, is smooth and shiny.
Satin is a rather thick fabric. Its strength and density depend on the number of intertwined threads per square centimeter. Their number in different types of such material varies from 80 to 220. To add shine to satin, they undergo mercerization - treatment with alkali, as a result of which it increases its strength and obtains special color stability. For even more gloss, the fabric is calendered — rolled between two hot shafts. The effect is amazing, thanks to which the material is also called “cotton silk”.
The main properties of satin
This material has many positive properties. It:
- exceptional hypoallergenic;
- absolute environmental friendliness;
- resistance to the development of harmful bacteria and microorganisms;
- the ability to thermoregulate - retains heat in the winter and gives a feeling of coolness in the summer;
- excellent breathability;
- pleasant softness to the touch;
- incorrigibility and the ability for a long time to maintain its original appearance, including the brightness of colors;
- reliable strength and long life (according to some, it can withstand up to 300 washes).
Tips for choosing PBC from this material
Satin is great for sewing bed linen not only for adults but also for children. Many still strive to buy it today because it looks gorgeous, and costs much less than its silk counterpart. But choosing it for yourself or as a gift for relatives and friends, you should focus on the following parameters of the product:
- material density (the higher it is, the more durable it is);
- continuity and purity of seams, accuracy of thread trimming;
- complete set of set;
- compliance of the brand and the manufacturer on the labels and tags.
Recommendations for the care of satin bedding
They are simple:
- produce the first wash at a temperature not higher than 40 degrees, and all subsequent ones - at 60;
- before placing the laundry in the washing machine, it should be turned inside out and clean the seams;
- it is better to wash separately from other fabrics;
- it is necessary to unscrew the products at 800 revolutions per minute;
- Before hanging the linen should be slightly shaken to restore the structure of the weaves.