The wage fund is that amount of money (money) that is intended to pay for the results of labor of employees of the enterprise. It includes:
- amounts charged by a business entityremuneration for the time worked, as well as additional and additional payments of incentive and compensatory nature, the accrual of which is related to working conditions and the working day regime;
- payment for non-working hours;
- one-off incentive awards;
- regular payments for fuel, housing, food.
The salary fund in terms of remuneration for hours worked includes:
- money resources accrued for salaries and tariff rates, as well as for piece-rate pricing;
- the value of goods issued as a payment in kind;
- remunerations and bonuses of a regular or recurrent nature (regardless of the source of payment);
- surcharges and allowances to salaries and tariff rates, performing a stimulating function (for combination, professional skills, etc.);
- additional remuneration that is associated with hazardous or harmful working conditions, as well as work at night or overtime;
- accruals for time worked for employees not included in the payroll and part-time employees.
The wage fund in terms of cash amounts accrued for unworked hours includes:
- paid person-days included in additional (according to legislation or collective agreement) and regular holidays;
- Accrual of funds for the period of study and retraining of personnel;
- remuneration for unworked hours during a work day;
- cash payments to employees involved in the performance of public or state duties;
- Payment for preferential hours for adolescents;
- the amount of money that the company accrues to its employees, forced by the decision of the administration or as a result of downtime, to work part-time.
The wage fund in terms of lump-sum incentive payments includes:
- one-off bonuses;
- cash additional payments accrued on granting holidays;
- remuneration for the results of annual work;
- compensation payments for unused vacation days;
- remuneration related to the length of service;
- amounts of shares issued to employees free of charge, etc.
The wage fund in terms of paying for housing, fuel and food costs also has a monetary equivalent:
- food products that are issued free of charge or at prices that have a discount;
- provided free housing and utilities or the amount of payment for them;
- gratuitously provided fuel.
Calculation of the amount that makes up the payroll is made for the reporting month, quarter or year. The magnitude of these indicators is necessary for:
- determination of the costs of the enterprise for payment of labor resources;
- compilation of income generation accounts in the SNA;
- determination by means of the distribution method of the value of the gross domestic product.
Knowing the amount that makes up the wage fund, you can determine the size of the average salary of enterprises, organizations, industries, as well as the whole of the entire economic structure.
The amount of remuneration to employees of the entitymanagement is taken to account according to their categories. The structure of the wage fund is not the same for individual groups of personnel as a whole. The results of the conducted economic analysis indicate a difference in the categories in various branches of the economy. Knowledge of the structure of the wage fund is a prerequisite for the development of a strategy for remuneration for labor and the conclusion of collective agreements between organizations and employees.