How to quickly get a residence permit in Russia?
The number of people migrating to Russia does not decrease from year to year, but grows. But not all foreigners know how to get a residence permit, and some of them do not even understand why it is needed. Our article will explain what the essence of this document is and how to arrange it quickly and correctly.
Residence. Who needs it and why?
A residence permit (abbreviated as “Residence Permit”) is a document issued to migrants, on the basis of which they are granted the right to reside permanently in a given country. It is an approved sample form. This document does not replace a passport, but for those who are deprived of citizenship, it can serve as an identity card.
Foreigners often do not understand how a residence permit differs from another document, called a temporary residence permit (RWP). To clearly demonstrate the differences, we have compiled a table:
|It is issued only after a 12-month residence of a migrant in the Russian Federation if he has a RAH.The exception is made by the persons possessing the right to receive the residence permit under the simplified system.||You can get permission immediately after entering the country.|
|Valid for 5 years. Moreover, it is allowed to extend an unlimited number of times.||The period of validity is 3 years. Extension is not possible, further stay in the country is allowed only with a residence permit.|
|Permits to work on the territory of any subject of the Federation, and without a patent and permission.||Grants the right to work only in the region of the Russian Federation where a temporary residence permit was issued.|
|Free medical care is provided in any settlement of Russia.||Obtain a policy of compulsory health insurance and visit the clinic free of charge only at the place of residence, that is, where the RWP is issued.|
|It is a separate document.||It is put in the form of a stamp in the national passport.|
What rights and privileges are granted to a migrant with a residence permit?
- Freedom of movement throughout the Federation, with the exception of some closed areas. When moving from place to place, the holder of a residence permit has the right not to inform the representatives of the FMS about this.
- Unlimited travel abroad.Having a residence permit in your hands, you get the opportunity to travel abroad frequently and return back without getting a visa.
- Education and pension. Your children can study at schools in Russia, and you can receive a pension.
- Credits. Along with citizens of the Russian Federation, you have the opportunity to take loans from banks.
At the same time you remain a citizen of your country.
However, this document has a number of restrictions, among which is the impossibility of applying for state or municipal service, a ban on joining the ranks of the Armed Forces and working in institutions responsible for state security.
Who can count on a residence permit in Russia?
The order in which a residence permit can be issued has two forms: general and simplified. The latter implies an accelerated way of obtaining a residence permit and is not available to everyone.
The right to a residence permit in Russia are citizens of any country. According to the law, they can use:
|In the usual way||In a simplified manner|
On the categories entitled to issue a residence permit under the abbreviated procedure, let us dwell in more detail.
The concept of a highly qualified specialist is very vague. In fact, these are people invited to the country to work in a particular company. As soon as their employment contract expires, they are obliged to find a new job within a month. If they do not succeed, they are denied the right to a residence permit.
The participants in the state program for voluntary resettlement are former citizens of the USSR and their descendants, as well as immigrants from the Russian Federation.
The status of the carrier of the Russian language is assigned by decision of the FMS Commission. And for this, you will have to come to the Russian Federation, submit a corresponding application to the regional office of the migration service, pass an interview-language test, and also provide documentary evidence of the residence of one of your relatives in Russia.
A political refugee is a person who is persecuted by the ruling regime for his political views and ideological convictions.
The sequence of residence permit
In order to obtain a residence permit without delay, you will have to go through the following steps:
1. To obtain a temporary residence permit. It is issued by the Federal Migration Service. She also deals with the design of a residence permit. Persons receiving this document under the simplified procedure, the stage of obtaining the RVP is over.
2. Not less than one year and not more than 2.5 years later, you need to write an application asking for a residence permit. Do not meet the deadlines - will have to go back to item number 1.
3. Provide the necessary documents (we will list them below) and a certificate confirming your fluency in Russian. You can get the latter after passing the exam, which tests both the level of knowledge of the “great and mighty” and the history of Russia, as well as its legislation. The price of the exam as of October 2015 is 5,300 rubles.
4. Undergo a medical examination, during which you will have to do a fluorography, be examined for tuberculosis, chancroid, leprosy, HIV and sexually transmitted diseases, get a report from a narcologist, a dermatologist and a phthisiologist.
The decision whether or not to issue a residence permit is made by the FMS Commission within six months,in relation to the participants of the State Program for the Resettlement of Compatriots, this period is reduced to 2 months.
Documents for obtaining a residence permit
The list of documents that will have to be collected when applying for a residence permit will vary depending on the category to which the migrant belongs. We will give only a list of papers common to all citizens seeking to obtain a residence permit:
- statement, made in duplicate. The form can be downloaded at fms.gov.ru. It is allowed to fill in both on a computer and manually;
- 4 photos, like a passport;
- receipt of payment of duty. For October 2015, it amounts to 2,000 rubles;
- RWP (provided by those undergoing the normal clearance procedure);
- documents confirming your well-being (certificate of 2-NDFL issued by the tax service, document on the payment of taxes);
- medical certificate and certificate certifying that you are HIV-negative;
- A document confirming your knowledge of the Russian language.
With our help, you learned how to get a residence permit in Russia. We hope that the change of habitat will be a start for you in a happy new life.