How to quickly bring yourself back to normal after removal of appendicitis?
Any surgery requires a carefully thought-out and careful recovery and return to normal life. Despite the fact that the operation on the appendix is one of the most frequent and simple, and the patient recovers quickly enough, a diet is simply necessary in this case.
Indeed, after removal of appendicitis, the intestine is especially vulnerable in view of the sutures, and if the basic rules are not followed, a dangerous infection can develop.
In general, the therapeutic diet after appendicitis is aimed at a quick recovery. Protect the intestines and return the stomach to normal operation.
Why there is inflammation of the appendix, symptoms, diet features
The appendix is a process of the cecum, which is located in the right lower abdomen. In turn, appendicitis is called inflammation, and then the patient needs urgent hospitalization and surgery.
The appendix can be inflamed in such cases as:
- ingestion of harmful bacteria through blood vessels or lymph;
- by sticking pieces of food that has not been digested and, when decomposing, causes inflammation;
- Sunflower seeds and apple bones are also a common cause; in children, small parts of toys that they swallowed.
In this case, there are main symptoms by which appendicitis can be determined. It is very important to identify them correctly in order to avoid serious consequences.
So in case of the following symptoms, immediately call an ambulance:
- severe pain throughout the abdomen, which is gradually localized in the lower abdomen in the right side;
- vomiting, diarrhea, dark urine, pain when urinating;
- fever, dry mouth.
The operation to remove the appendix is not difficult and patients usually tolerate it well. Doctors will take care of the drug support, but we should learn the basic rules of nutrition and therapeutic diet.
In the postoperative diet should be the following products:
- Vegetable soups and mashed potatoes;
- Vegetables, mushrooms;
- Porridge on the water, you can with steamed vegetables. Especially useful buckwheat, oatmeal, rice;
- Lean meat, fish.
- Dairy and dairy products with low percent fat content and room temperature;
- Fruits such as strawberries, peaches, orange, pomegranates and their juices;
- Honey and dried fruits.
- Herbal teas, dogrose decoction, jelly and fruit drinks.
Avoid smoked dishes, abundance of salt and seasonings, sauces, rich soups, borscht in the diet. You should not eat dishes with peas, flour and sweet.
Nutrition after appendicitis, the main stages
After surgery, the patient needs at least 12 hours in order to move away from anesthesia and cope with stress. But in the future, it will be necessary to gradually introduce food into the diet, because the body will need strength to recover and can only draw from food.
Approximately 12 hours after the operation, it is allowed to drink slightly warm tea, vegetable broth, jelly. On the second and third days, the food scheme is gradually being adjusted and includes 5 meals a day, which consists of yoghurts, mashed vegetables, chicken, and liquid rice.
Already in the first week after surgery, you can eat berries and fruits, cereal. You can eat lean meat, fish. Do not forget that all food must be mashed!
Chew thoroughly and drink as much clean water as possible.
Starting from the second week, you can eat light soups, boiled vegetables, which you must first grind into mashed potatoes. Bean cultures are allowed to eat only a month after the operation.
Sweet and flour - in a few months. Usually, everything heals already in the first month, but it will take about six months for full recovery, so you should tune in to maintaining proper nutrition throughout this period.