How to cut polycarbonate? Useful recommendations
Cellular polycarbonate is a relatively newmaterial used in the construction of the roof, canopies, canopies, as well as all kinds of greenhouse structures. There are several types of polycarbonate, but the most common is the cellular.
His popularity he acquired in the first place forlow cost account. Modern technologies have given polycarbonate significant advantages over other transparent materials. Among them is:
- ease of material - allows you to withstand heavy snow loads, and also use inexpensive materials as a frame structure;
- the installation of cellular polycarbonate is simple and does not take much time;
- high strength;
- high temperature resistance;
- fire safety;
- excellent noise, sound and heat insulation characteristics;
- high light transmission;
- viscosity property - how to cut polycarbonate onseveral separate elements, then fasten them to the frame, thereby weighting the appearance and complicating the work, it is better to use the property of viscosity of the material, due to which it is able to accept any configuration;
- resistance to changes in temperature and atmospheric pressure.
Typical questions on polycarbonate processing and installation
It is worth noting that polycarbonate is highly susceptiblemechanical action. So that during the processing and installation the sheets are not spoiled, before cutting the polycarbonate, drilling it or fixing it, check that all the tools are well sharpened and in good order.
Is drilling possible?
If you need to make a small hole, the usual screw drills are fine. In this case, when drilling, it is necessary to press the sheet firmly against the table.
What are the dimensions of the cellular polycarbonate?
Width - 2,1 m, length - 6 or 12 m, thickness - from4 to 16 mm. While working with the material, it is possible to correct the size, however, before cutting the polycarbonate, it is necessary to take into account that the material expands under the influence of a high temperature up to 2.5 mm.
How to store?
When polycarbonate sheets are laid,so that the side of the UV protection is on top. Also, so that the material does not lose its performance characteristics, it should be periodically wiped with an aqueous solution of room temperature with the addition of cleaning agents. Use a soft cloth or sponge.
How to cut polycarbonate?
A mechanical or manual saw, held at a small angle, is perfect. During cutting, in order to avoid stress and vibration, it is necessary to press the sheet firmly against the table.
When to remove the protective film?
It protects the sheets from the ingress of various mechanical particles during sawing and fastening, therefore it is necessary to remove it after the installation has been completed.
How to strengthen?
Make sure all sheets are correctoriented, namely in the direction of the slope or roof edges. This is done to prevent the accumulation of water - condensate. When fastening, it is necessary to use only thermo-washers to prevent deformation. To fasten sheets it is necessary with an indent at least in 4 mm, differently chips can be formed.