How to bake vegetables in the oven: the secrets of cooking
Every day the popularity of dishes increases,cooked in the oven. In addition, it is now fashionable to lead a healthy lifestyle. This and the rejection of bad habits, and regular exercise, and proper nutrition. Realizing that baked dishes are much more useful than food prepared in the usual way, young housewives are wondering how to bake vegetables in the oven.
Just want to note, prepared by suchThe way to eat is not only useful - they have a unique taste and aroma. Such a treat is perfect for a festive table and will please the household on a weekday. The main thing is to properly prepare it: do not overdo it and even less serve it in a half-baked form.
In addition to meat, fish and poultry, you can bake in the ovenalmost any vegetables and most fruits. The products processed in this way are an ideal option for those who want to lose weight and at the same time have a delicious meal.
Preparation of vegetables in the oven requirescertain skills and knowledge. Therefore, young and inexperienced housewives can be recommended to begin to learn how to bake the densest of them - potatoes, eggplants, peppers or zucchini, which will not turn into porridge if they prepare longer than is usually required.
How to bake vegetables in the oven - in foil, inpots, in a frying pan, with cheese or in a sleeve - depends on the recipe and skills. But before going directly to cooking, it is worth remembering the basic rules:
1. For baking, choose only undamaged, clean products of very high quality.
2. Root vegetables before cooking should be thoroughly rinsed and dried with a paper towel, but do not clean. Bake them preferably on a grate, which is set to the middle position in the oven.
3. Wash peppers and tomatoes well. A tray with these vegetables should be placed in the upper part of the oven. Cook them for 10-15 minutes, until the skin breaks.
4. Cabbage kohlrabi bake in the same way as root vegetables.
5. Peel onion and cook whole, but you can cut it with large rings or slices.
6. Eggplants baked in circles or whole halves. But it's possible to have a small cut.
7. Remove the cauliflower leaves and divide the heads into forks that need to be washed and drained before shipment to the oven.
8. Vegetables before baking can not be salted, otherwise the juice will start to stand out from them, and the dish itself will become sluggish and without crust. This can be done before serving.
How to bake vegetables in the oven? In addition to the above basic rules, you should add one more. Many fruits can be prepared not in whole, but in the garbled form: mashed potatoes, puddings, potato rolls and various casseroles. Some of them can be stuffed before cooking or after baking.
Cooking in foil
To bake vegetables in foil in the oven correctly, you need to know a few secrets:
1. Potatoes, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and zucchini are baked in foil.
2. Potatoes should be medium-sized, pepper - fleshy, without damage, aubergines - mature, dense. Zucchini is recommended to take young, and tomatoes - only large and medium ripeness.
3. Eggplant, zucchini and pepper must be removed.
4. Each potato can be wrapped separately, and pepper - red and yellow - only together.
5. Eggplants, tomatoes and zucchini, like potatoes, are packaged individually, but in such a way that a bag is formed from the foil. Then it will be easy to open it to check the vegetable for readiness.
6. Tomatoes are baked for 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. The remaining vegetables, except potatoes, are 30 minutes.
7. To check the availability of peppers and tomatoes, you need to try to puncture the skin with a wooden toothpick. If this is done easily, and the peel itself is separated from the total mass, the vegetables are ready. Potatoes, zucchini and eggplant are checked with a fork. It should easily enter the finished product.
Most often, whole potatoes are baked in foil. Subsequently it can be stuffed. Before cooking, potatoes must be salted, spiced and wrapped in foil. She languishes in the oven for about an hour, then cut in half and stuffed.
The simplest recipe: potatoes baked with champignons
Products that will be needed:
- 2 large potatoes;
- red sweet pepper;
- 6 fresh champignons;
- parsley and dill greens - 30 grams each;
- 4 slices of garlic;
- soy sauce - 4 tablespoons.
Clean the vegetables. Potatoes cut into cubes, pepper - strips, and onion - chop as small as possible. Mushrooms are washed and cut into four parts. Greens and garlic finely chopped. Mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl, season with soy sauce. Cut the foil into squares. On them, put the mixture of vegetables and wrap in a bundle. Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. The readiness of the dish is determined by the potato. Cooked vegetables in foil (in the oven) are salted and peppered just before serving to the table. Fans of the sharp can add crushed garlic.
Cooking in pots
We suggest you make baked vegetables inpots. In the oven they are prepared in the form of a portioned dish. And bake as separately, for example, lean ragout, and with meat - roast. Vegetables, cooked in this way, are very fragrant and juicy. Observing the following rules, it is easy to cook up a delicious lunch, which everyone will like. So, remember:
1. Vegetables should be stored in a pot moist. So they will prepare for a couple and get more flavorful.
2. The oil can not be used at all.
3. If you have to add water or broth during cooking, use only in a hot liquid, and in a small amount. Otherwise, hot dishes can crack.
4. Prepared for baking pots are put only in a cold oven.
5. Since during cooking, the top layer always dries, from above it is better to lay vegetables that give juice - onions and tomatoes.
6. It is always necessary to close the pot tightly with a lid or foil, but it is best to test it. So the dish turns out original.
7. The usual temperature regime for vegetables, which are baked in earthenware, is 160 degrees.
8. Remove the prepared pots from the oven only on a wooden stand, and in any case not on a hot plate or cold surface. They can crack.
9. Before serving, the dish should stand a little. During this time, the vegetables in the pot will reach, and its walls will cool down a little.
Let's move on to practice
One of the best recipes is a summer vegetable stew. It includes:
- cauliflower or any other;
- milk - 3-4 tablespoons;
- salt pepper.
Strict proportions in this recipe there. Everything depends on taste preferences. The main ingredient is potatoes. It should be more than other products. Pumpkins, carrots and onions need to be put quite a bit. Vegetables should be cleaned, washed and cut into cubes. All spread out on pots, add salt and pepper. Top with a few pieces of cheese and butter, add milk and cover with lids or foil. Cook for 30-45 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 degrees. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
Cooking in the sleeve
Baked vegetables in the oven - in the sleeve -are more aromatic than boiled or steamed. They can be served as a garnish or as an independent dish. Very delicious are salads made from such vegetables. But here there are some rules:
1. The sleeve can become swollen when baked, so it should be placed so that it does not come in contact with the oven walls.
2. Put the sleeve on a baking tray or other heat-resistant dish with a flat bottom, and in no case on a grate.
3. To get the dish with a crust, from 10-15 minutes before the film is ready to cut from above and spread its edges. Beware, do not burn the ferry!
In the sleeve, you can prepare an excellent side dish - baked potatoes with mushrooms. Required products:
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 500 grams of champignons;
- two small zucchini squash (or one pumpkin);
- large onion.
For the sauce you need:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 2 teaspoons paprika;
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- 2 teaspoons of dry parsley;
- salt and fresh herbs - to taste.
Vegetables are washed, brushed and chopped. In a bowl, prepare the sauce and add the rest of the ingredients. All gently mix and set aside for 25-30 minutes. Oven to warm up to 180-200 degrees. Put the pickled vegetables in a sleeve. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Then turn off the oven and let the dish stand for another 10 minutes. Finished vegetables put on a plate and sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Transparent sleeve allows you to observe the process of cooking and control the formation of crust. This is its advantage over baking in pots or in foil.
Cooking with cheese
Cooked vegetables in the oven with cheese - a dish,which is perfect for vegetarians. Bake such a dish is best in pots or other heat-resistant dishes. Basic rules of preparation:
1. All vegetables are cut into equal pieces, but not large, and put into a container for cooking layer by layer.
2. Shredded products do not rammed, and folded loose, so that the sauce could normally penetrate into all layers.
3. From above, any dish is sprinkled with grated cheese and overlaid with pieces of butter.
4. The pot is put in a preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, the temperature regime is 180 degrees.
The most common recipe: baked tomatoes with cheese
For this dish, you need these products:
- ripe tomatoes;
All vegetables should be washed and cut. Grease the baking dish with vegetable oil. All the ingredients are added layer by layer. The sauce is chosen to taste. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and butter. Bake for 40 minutes over medium heat. Once the crust is formed, you can already turn it off. Ready to decorate the dish with green sprigs.
Cooking delicious vegetables in the oven is easy iffollow all the above rules. It only remains to add that baked products can be served on the table as a separate dish or as a side dish. If you choose the second option, then you should consider what they are best suited. For example, potatoes, beans, peas or Brussels sprouts are served with fish, and beets are served with stewed pork.
Knowing how to bake vegetables in the oven, you cansignificantly diversify the menu and at the same time keep the shape. But it is even more pleasant to realize that such food is much more useful than dishes prepared in the traditional way.