How do I create an installation?
You are good at programming,have developed an excellent game and want to be seen by the players? To do this, you need to make an easy and simple "installer", which will be understandable for the user. Utilities Inno Setup and Smart Install Maker will help you create a game installation.
Consider how to create a game installation using Inno Setup:
- Download Inno Setup. By the way, the program is free.
- Run the utility, click "File" → "New", after which the "Setup Wizard" starts.
- On the next page, we specify the name of the game, its creator, the site on the Internet (if any), and so on.
- Next, you must select the folder where the installation will be created. By default, the "Program Files" folder is specified. It is necessary to write the name of the game folder.
- Then you need to select the main file with the extension .exe, with which your game is launched. Next, add a complete list of files and libraries of the game.
- Prepare your license file readme.txt., In which we write a message to the players or leave the file empty, we specify the path to them.
- Next, select the language that will be displayed when you run the Setup Wizard.
- On the next page we indicate the namefile, which will run the installation wizard. It should be clear to the user of the game. Then select the location on the hard drive of your computer, where the compiled file will be placed. Here, too, you can select the installer label.
- Moving on, leaving a tick (this will simplify the installer script).
- We press "Finish". The utility will create an installation file according to the specified settings and parameters.
Smart Install Maker
Consider how to make the installation of the game using the utility "Smart Install Maker"
- Download the program Smart Install Maker.
- Open it. In the line opposite the "Program name", enter the name of your game (this should be done, otherwise the "New Product" will remain by default). Also fill in the lines below, you can do it yourself.
- Then in the left column you should select "Files". Below click on "+" (add).
- A window appears in which you need to select the file to install and the folder where the game will be unpacked.
- Then, in the left column, select "Interface". Here you can select a gradient background or put on the background image (picture).
- In the next step, change the headers, the game logo, and so on.
- Then select "Save". All steps are completed. Then run the installer and verify that it works correctly.
"Inno Setup" and "Smart Install Maker" - simpleUtilities that allow not only experienced developers, but also ordinary users to understand how to make silent installation of programs (ie automatic).
For more information on developing and installing games, see Installing games.