Cool scientific experiments that should be shown to children!
When children are still learning how to explore the world, small scientific experiments that demonstrate the wonders of certain chemical reactions and physical phenomena can be an excellent entertainment for them. The most interesting and simple experiments for children will be considered further!
What kind of child doesn’t want to have superpowers, like popular movie characters and comics now! So, such scientific experiments for children are good, because they allow them to feel like real superheroes: this time, for example, you can teach your kid to operate an interesting liquid using a magnet.
The most unusual ingredient that you need to find is an ordinary laser printer toner, and the rest is in every home - any vegetable oil and magnet.
Toner for the printer must be thoroughly mixed with vegetable oil. It is not necessary to make a large amount of solution, approximately 50 ml of toner and 2 tbsp. l oils.Magic liquid is ready! To see this, we will need a magnet: it will attract the solution, because the mixture of oil and toner turns into a ferrofluid.
We include superhero abilities:
- Pour the resulting liquid into a glass bottle and tell the magnet to attach to the wall. The kid will see how the black solution is attracted by a magnet and forms something similar to a “hedgehog”. A bit of liquid can be poured on any board, so that the child can move the magnet under it and manage the solution as she wants.
Creating a hologram
Small children, especially boys, simply adore all sorts of high-tech jokes, so we included children's experience in creating a hologram into our scientific experiments for children! Of course, you cannot call her a real hologram, but it will look very unusual. Yes, and what, if not children's experiments, will help children without boredom to study some properties of light that allow flat 2D-pictures to become voluminous?
You will need the simplest materials: a smartphone, paper, a transparent plastic box from under a CD-ROM, a stationery knife, an adhesive tape and a pencil.
- Draw a trapezium on paper with the upper side 1 cm and the lower 6 cm, as in the photo below:
- Cut the “pattern” from the paper.
- Then it must be attached to the lid of the package from the disk and cut a transparent trapezium out of it with a stationery knife. Distribute space on the package so that you can cut four such trapeziums.
- Attach them to each other so that the upper sides of the trapeziums form a square, and you have a kind of pyramid or funnel.
- Seal the figure with scotch tape.
Now put a smartphone on the table and launch a special video on it - they can be found on the Internet, in particular, on YouTube for the request “video for a 3D hologram”. In the center of the screen, place our pyramid, the wide part upwards - and a video with a hologram image will be reflected inside it.
Children like beautiful lava lamps, which attract them with their bright color and bubbles floating inside. But the similarity of such a lamp can be made with your own hands - as an experiment for children, of course! Stock up on the following ingredients: water, salt, 1 cup of vegetable oil, food coloring of red or orange color, and also find a glass jar or glass.
Scientific experiments begin:
- Fill the jar with water for about two thirds of the volume.
- Pour inside the oil.
- Add to this mixture a food dye - it will make the scientific experiment more vivid, because the solution will become like lava.
- Carefully and slowly, pour salt into the water - enough of one teaspoon.
This is where the magic happens: in itself, the oil floats on the surface of the water, because it is lighter than it. However, salt outweighs the oil and sinks to the bottom of the can with it. Disintegrating, a lump of salt releases the "trapped" oil, and it rises again.
Very simple, but spectacular experiments for children are created using the interaction of acid and alkali, which is easiest to carry out at home using soda and alkali.
This children's experiment is performed as follows:
- It is necessary to take a balloon and pour soda into it.
- In a plastic bottle pour a little vinegar.
- Now we put the balloon on the bottleneck and lift it so that the soda spilled out of it directly into the vinegar.
The ball will inflate!
The essence of the experience is that soda is quenched and carbon dioxide is released, which will cause the balloon to inflate.The child will be delighted!
In the classic experiments for children with acid and alkali, you can record the experience of "Volcano" - many of us loved to watch him in childhood! How it should be done, look in this video:See also: Cool toys, which delighted both children and adults