Benefits for single mothers - what can be expected in 2015 in Russia
A single mother - a phenomenon in recent times quite common in any country. The reasons for this situation, when the mother is forced to raise a child alone, can be completely different, but one thing is clear: both mother and child need social assistance. The state provides this assistance, which is expressed in the provision of a preferential place in kindergarten, some benefits under labor law and the issuance of certain benefits. About what benefits single mothers laid in 2015 in Russia, and what benefits a woman in this category, can count on, more in the article.
Single mother - who falls into this category
To begin with, it is necessary to clarify that not all women who raise children themselves are single mothers. Divorce and widowhood do not give the right to enroll women in the category of single mothers. You fall into this category if:
- They gave birth to a child without being married, and the paternity was not properly established, that is, there was no joint statement from the parents about paternity to the registry offices or a court decision was made to establish paternity.
- Without being married, you took a foster child.
- Paternity is disputed in court and a court order is issued that the spouse or former spouse is not in fact the father of the child.
If the child was born out of wedlock, but paternity was established either through a court of law or voluntarily, the woman is not a single mother, even if she brings up the child alone.
Single mother: eligible benefits
In addition to benefits to single mothers, which will be discussed further, a woman can also count on certain benefits that can make it easier for her to raise a child. The main ones are:
- Getting free sets of clothes for the newborn.
- Getting free meals in the dairy kitchen up to two years.
- In the presence of a massage room in the clinic - free passage of massage treatments for the child.
- Free two meals at school.
- 30% discount on tuition fees in additional schools - art, music, etc.
- 50% discount for preschool and concessional admission.
- Annual receipt of free spa vouchers.
Until the child reaches one and a half years old, a single mother can temporarily refuse to pay for garbage collection and cleaning of the territory of an apartment building.
Labor benefits for single mothers
In addition to social benefits, a single mother can also rely on labor benefits in accordance with current legislation. The main ones are:
- A single mother raising a child under the age of 14 cannot be dismissed either in the case of downsizing, even if her qualifications do not match the position held, or in the case of a change of leadership.
- In addition to the preceding paragraph, it is worth saying that even with the complete liquidation of an enterprise, it must provide it with a similar workplace. Moreover, concerns about the employment of a single mother are the responsibility of the administration of the liquidated enterprise.
- If the child is sick, the single mother receives a full amount of care for the sick child within 10 days for outpatient treatment and 50% in the next period on average.Real payment is calculated on the basis of work experience.
- If the child is under 7 years of age, the sick leave is paid in full, regardless of the duration of the illness.
- Single mothers are obliged to provide leave at their own expense at any time, if it does not exceed 14 days. However, if the child is not yet 14 days old, she is entitled to part-time work.
Payments to single mothers
In addition to the Federal payments and benefits for the birth of a child, which all parents receive, single mothers are entitled to additional payments established by regional legislation, they are paid from the city budget. It should be borne in mind that some of them receive only those families whose income is below the subsistence minimum.
In each region, the amount of payments will vary, but the full list of payments is as follows:
- Compensation payment in connection with the rising cost of living - is paid monthly until the child reaches 16 years of age.
- Payment for reimbursement of the growth in the cost of food - paid monthly for children up to 3 years. By the way, families can also rely on this payment, where the parent evades paying alimony.
- Monthly allowance for children - the amount varies depending on the age of the child. Payable up to 18 years.
The status of a single mother is maintained even if a woman gets married, but the spouse does not adopt the child.
In order to receive benefits, a three-month income statement is submitted to the social security office. In order for benefits to be calculated in the maximum amount, it is better to choose a period for submitting an application - one in which maternity payments do not fall into income.
In particular, in Moscow we are talking about such payments and amounts:
- compensation payment for reimbursement of expenses due to the rising cost of living for children up to 16 years - 300 rubles;
- compensation payment for reimbursement of the increase in the cost of food for children under 3 years old - 675 rubles.
If the income is below the subsistence minimum, compensation is paid in an increased amount. The amount of compensation depends on the region in which you live.