8 Style Tips by Yves Saint Laurent
An anarchist and a feminist from fashion, Yves Saint Laurent dressed his muses in tuxedos, trousers and transparent blouses, invented a trapeze dress and safari style, styled turtlenecks with high neck and camouflage. In his outfits, women felt freer and more confident, realizing that attractiveness is not necessarily a deep neckline and a narrow bodice.
We believe that the advice of a genius couturier and a true artist of fashion will be useful to every woman.
1. "In order to be beautiful, it is enough for a woman to have a black sweater, a black skirt and to go hand in hand with a man whom she loves."
Saint Laurent considered black as the triumph of elegance. The designer managed to turn it from solemn to everyday, and to this day this color remains the most versatile in clothing.
2. “Even the most sophisticated dress needs at least a drop of perfume. Only they will give it completeness and perfection, and you will add charm and charm. "
Couturier was not a fan of large, screaming ornaments.His favorite accessory was wide black-rimmed glasses. Saint-Laurent recommended complementing the costumes with sunglasses and sincerely believed that the fragrance of exquisite and suitable perfumes emphasizes the style much better than bulky jewelry.
3. "In this life, I regret only one thing - that I did not invent the jeans."
Saint Laurent adored jeans. “They have an expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity — everything I hope for in my clothes,” he said. Do not be afraid to wear jeans that are suitable for you every day - nothing more universal has yet been invented.
4. "Women's pants should be feminine, follow the lines of the figure so as to hide or emphasize what is necessary."
Yves Saint Laurent was one of the first designers to give women many items of men's wardrobe. He spent several years of his life to prove to the world that a woman in trousers is beautiful. But, of course, only in those pants that fit perfectly on the figure. By the way, the maestro proposed to wear trouser suits with delicate silk blouses, which allowed his muses to remain feminine.
5. "Fashion passes - style remains."
“It is physically painful for me to see a woman who has turned herself into a victim of fashion with her own hands and looks ridiculous and strange,” said the fashion designer. Daily life and the podium are not the same. An individual style involves taking personal characteristics into account, it emphasizes strengths and hides shortcomings, and does not blindly follow fashion trends.
6. "Only a dress of such dazzling dress can be called elegant, that it cannot be worn twice."
Saint-Laurent advised not to spare any money for outfit, if you are going to a really important event. Feeling comfortable and looking your best is the golden rule.
7. “Love is the best makeup. But cosmetics are easier to buy. ”
One of the most famous narcissus quotes from the fashion world of Yves Saint Laurent: “The best clothes for a woman are the arms of a man who loves her. But for those who are deprived of such happiness, there is me. ” The designer insisted that there was no point in looking for happiness in love, which could be miserable and fleeting. Properly chosen wardrobe and self-care, in his opinion, could help in obtaining a pleasant bonus - love.
8. "Over the years, I realized that the most important thing in a dress is a woman who puts it on."
The admirer of art in all its manifestations, who befriended French fashion and world cinema, Saint-Laurent believed that it was important not only to wear clothes, but to be an individual, to strive for perfection. "Clothing must be subordinated to the personality of the woman, and not vice versa."